What you need to know to vote in marmora and lake
Municipal Council Vote:
You are eligible to vote in Marmora and Lake providing you meet the following criteria:
- You are a Canadian citizen at least 18 years old; and
- Either a resident in the Municipality of Marmora and Lake or a non-resident of the municipality but you or your spouse own or rent property; and
- You are not prohibited from voting under any law.
Any individual voter may only vote once in the election regardless of how many properties he or she rents or owns.
An owner or tenant of a non-residential property, or his or her spouse, is not eligible to vote for School Board Trustee.
You may not vote if you are:
- A person serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution;
- A corporation; or
- A person acting as executor or trustee in any other representative capacity; or
- A person convicted of a corrupt practice for an election held within for years of voting day.
If you are a student who resides in your municipality while you are not attending your post-secondary institution, you may be eligible to vote in both the municipality where you attend school as well as the municipality you consider ‘home’ when you are not attending college or university.
School Board Trustee Vote:
In order to vote for school board trustee in your municipality you must be:
- 18 years of age or older and;
- A Canadian citizen and;
- A resident of the municipality (owner or renter of property)
Residents who only own or rent commercial properties are not eligible to vote for school board trustee.
For any questions or clarification regarding who is eligible to vote please contact email@example.com