The following dates should be noted if you are considering running for council or school board trustee in the Municipality of Marmora and Lake:
Friday, July 27, 2018
- This is the final day to submit nomination packages.
- Nominations will be accepted at the Town Hall (12 Bursthall Street) by the Clerk between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Packages brought in after 2 p.m. will not be accepted.
- 2 p.m. is also the final day to withdraw a previously submitted nomination package.
Monday, July 30, 2018
- Certification of Nominations papers completed by the Clerk by no later than 4 p.m.
- Declaration of Acclamation declared after 4 p.m.
What is a Declaration of Acclamation?
Candidates my be acclaimed to a position of council if the number of certified candidates for an office is the same as or less than the number to be elected. What this means is if there are three or less candidates running for a councillor position, or only one candidate running for Mayor or Deputy Mayor without opposition, those candidates will be acclaimed to their seat on council on this date after 4 p.m.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Certified candidates may pick up their voters’ list.
- Revision period commences
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Final expense limits will be provided to candidates
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Electronic voting period opens at 10 a.m.
Friday, October 19, 2018
- Final day for the registration of third-party advertisers
Monday, October 22, 2018
- Election Day
- Voters may visit the Town Hall (12 Bursthall Street) between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- There will be no paper ballots on voting day. Electronic voting devices will be provided and staff will be on-site to assist.
Monday, December 31, 2018
- Campaign period ends
- Deadline for candidates to provide the clerk with written notification of deficit and continuation of campaign period. This also applies to third party advertisers.
Friday, March 29, 2019
- Financial statements deadline for reporting period ending December 31, 2018