information for candidates planning to campaign:
- Election signs may not be used until a candidate is officially registered in the election.
- Signage may only be placed on private property.
- The earliest an election sign can be erected is September 3, 2018 - 8 weeks prior to election.
- The by-law officer for the municipality reserves the right to remove signage that is in direct violation to the campaign signage by-law without notice. This may happen with or without complaint from the public.
- The by-law officer may also contact the candidate directly and request he or she move the signage or affix it properly in accordance with the requirements of the by-law.
- Signs removed by the municipality will be held for thirty (30) days. Arrangements may be made by the candidate with the municipality to release the signs.
- All election signage should be removed by October 24, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.