Control of Burning guidelines
- Burning of garbage is not permitted at any time.
- During the period between March 31 and September 30 in any calendar year, no fire for the burning of grass, wood or other combustible material shall be permitted between the hours of 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., unless such fire is used exclusively for cooking or warmth
- Fires used exclusively for cooking or warmth may be permitted in all areas under the following conditions:
- fire must be contained within an approved outdoor fireplace or contained enclosure no larger than 1 metre in diameter;
- fire must be a minimum of 3 metres from any combustible objects and surfaces to prevent ignition from radiant heat;
- burning may consist of untreated wood products only and limited to an amount to ensure flames are confined within the unit;
- fire must be supervised by a responsible person at all times;
- fire protection devices such as fire extinguishers, pails of water, garden hoses etc must be present;
- no burning during periods of high winds;
- approval for "open air burning" must be obtained from the Fire Chief. Application must show the type of outdoor fireplace or container area and location. There will be no approval for "open air burning" within the urban areas of Marmora and Deloro.
FIRE BAN DEFINITIONS
TOTAL/COMPLETE FIRE BAN
No open flame allowed, no campfires, no propane fired fireplaces, only devices that are designed for cooking of food are allowed, and of course no open-air burning. Fines will be issued for any person contravening this fire ban.
RESTRICTED FIRE BAN
Allows for small self-contained fires for the purpose of cooking and heat, no closer than 10 feet from any combustibles fire must be extinguished properly after cooking is completed. Persons responsible for their fire and any costs associated with fighting a fire that is allowed to get out of control.