Marmora and Lake has an active Accessibility Advisory Committee, which embraces the goals of the “Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act”. The Accessibility Committee strives to develop, implement and enforce accessibility standards to achieve accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities with respect to goods, services, facilities, accommodations, employment and buildings. The goal of this committee is to provide universal access for all people, including all ages and abilities, an overall functional environment, which will benefit everyone and offer equal opportunity to employment, community services and volunteer experiences.
documents + forms
- Accessibility Plan
- Brochure - Scent Free Encouragement
- Compliance Report - Submitted
- Customer Feeback Form
Please take the time to evaluate the accessible customer service you have received within the Municipality of Marmora and Lake. Click the button above to see our customer service feedback form or call the Municipal Office 613-472-2629
Marmora and Lake Accessibility Plan
Accessibility Planning Objectives
The objectives of the Municipality of Marmora and Lake’s accessibility planning process are outlined below:
- Work towards becoming a benchmark community in providing barrier free access to citizens and visitors;
- Identify, remove (where possible) and prevent all types of barriers to access for people with disabilities;
- Engage the Marmora and Lake Accessibility Advisory Committee in barrier identification process;
- Cultivate an operating environment to prevent the formation of future barriers;
- Undertake appropriate building retrofits to improve the usability of the physical environment for a wide spectrum of users;
- Meet the requirements as outlined in AODA; and,
- Seek funding opportunities to support these goals.
Use the button above to access the most up-to-date plan, which outlines our accomplishments as well as our future goals.
Currently the Municipality of Marmora and Lake is striving to make all municipal buildings accessible to the public to improve customer service and to meet the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service as specified by the province of Ontario.
Check out www.AccessON.ca to see what you can do to make your business, organization, or community more welcoming to people of all abilities.