Tourism & Economic Development Summer Employment
The chosen individual will be assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Marmora and Lake Tourism and Economic Development office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Distributing local tourism and business information from the Tourism Office
- Updating the website and social media accounts
- Updating local and surrounding attractions directory
- Assisting groups and/or organizations with events & programs
- Collecting data related to tourism and local attractions
- Other tourism and economic development jobs delegated by the Manager and/or Coordinator of the department
The opportunities for career-related experience is substantial as the chosen candidate will be mentored in marketing best practices related to communication through online and print platforms. They will be challenged with problem-solving issues from the local businesses. They will also have the opportunity to be trained in event coordination, budgeting, and planning.
These responsibilities will require training on Squarespace (website platform); Facebook Page and Group management; G Suite including Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Forms. An understanding of these programs is an asset.
- 30 hours per week including weekends
- Anticipated start date: Early June 2018
- Anticipated finish date: Week of August 27, 2018
We will be accepting resumes until May 28, 2018, 5:00 pm. Please drop your resumes off in person at the Marmora Tourism Centre, 9 Matthew Street, Marmora; or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will contact candidates for an interview based on the contact information provided in your package.