Landfill: Summer Student Labouror
Environmental Department (Landfill) Summer Student Labourer
The Municipality of Marmara & Lake invites applications for a summer position with the Environmental Services. The successful applicant will be required to work 24 hrs weekly every Saturday, Monday and Thursday which will include Stat Holidays at the municipal landfill site, and be returning to school in the fall.
- Monitoring the disposal of wastes and recycled materials.
- Using a computer software program in conjunction with the scales to track daily material brought on to the site.
- Handling cash.
- Keeping the site clean by picking up loose blown around litter, cutting grass etc.
- Sorting Electronics.
- Sorting cardboard and the recycling area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good Customer services skills.
- Knowledge of ECA’s (Environmental Compliance Approvals) would be considered an asset.
- WHMIS and Health & Safety knowledge.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes in confidence by (Updated Date of) Wednesday, April 25th, 2018, by 4:00 p.m. to: Municipality of Marmora and Lake, Attention Victor Reid, 12 Bursthall St, Box 459, Marmora, Ontario, K0K2M0 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Municipality of Marmora and Lake is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Victor Reid, Manager